A selection of some of the best recent and classic films shown every Wednesday morning at selected Empire Cinemas. Come along to meet your friends and enjoy a complementary tea or coffee, served before the screening.
Academy Award®-winners Matt Damon and Christian Bale star in Le Mans '66, based on the remarkable true story of the visionary American car designer Carroll Shelby (Damon) and the fearless British-born driver Ken Miles (Bale), who together battled corporate interference, the laws of physics, and their own personal demons to build a revolutionary race car for Ford Motor Company and take on the dominating race cars of Enzo Ferrari at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France in 1966.
- Directed by:
- James Mangold
- Matt Damon; Christian Bale; ,Jon Bernthal; Caitriona Balfe; Tracy Letts; Josh Lucas; Noah Jupe; Remo Girone; Ray McKinnon
- Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures UK
- United States
- 152 mins (excl Trailers, Advertisements)
- Action; Biography; Drama;
15 November 2019
5 February 2020
In 1862, daredevil balloon pilot Amelia Wren (Felicity Jones) teams up with pioneering meteorologist James Glaisher (Eddie Redmayne) to advance human knowledge of the weather and fly higher than anyone in history. While breaking records and advancing scientific discovery, their voyage to the very edge of existence helps the unlikely pair find their place in the world they have left far below them. But they face physical and emotional challenges in the thin air, as the ascent becomes a fight for survival.
- Directed by:
- Tom Harper
- Felicity Jones; Eddie Redmayne; Himesh Patel; Anne Reid; Tim McInnerny; Phoebe Fox
- US/UK co-production
- 100 mins (excl Trailers, Advertisements)
8 November 2019
29 January 2020